Frequently Asked Questions
Musicianship and Technique
At Kenya’s Keys, LLC, your talents will always reign supreme as we enhance and nurture your gifts. We will nudge your know-how towards mastery of musicality. We will cultivate your craft for commanding performances.
I’ve seen her at work. She is the real deal and I’d recommend her to anyone looking to get to the next level.Kareem P.
After watching this video, try a Warm-Up for yourself!
Warm-ups are a perfect and essential method musicians use that help get your mind and body ready for the task at hand. We at Kenya’s Keys, LLC believe warm-ups are so important, that we even wrote a book about them! Click the notes above to find a great read.
What are your music interests? What are you hoping to gain from music lessons? Information is power! Let’s put it all on (digital) paper. Click the icon above and tell us what’s important to you in your music lessons. We’ll rush a surprise to you right away after you leave us your expert thoughts.
Technique Tips? We have 5 fabulous tips on 5 fantastic subjects. The choice is yours! We can’t wait to send you this added bonus. Click the icon above so you can choose your wonderful bonus!
Great atmosphere. Very patient. Very, very fun.Thomas W.
Are you wondering just who we are at Kenya’s Keys, LLC? What are we passionate about? How have we helped others?
Don't see your question asked?
We’ll happily provide you with answers to your questions! Reach out to us here!
How do I know my child is ready for music lessons?
Can your child focus on a task you’ve directed him/her to do for 10-15 minutes? Is your child excited about instruments and singing? Does your child itch for a harmonious setting with peers? If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these, then you’re in the right place.
You can also read our book “Is My Child Ready for Music Lessons?: A Guide for Parents” which addresses this very topic and more. This book is for the parent or caregiver who’s looking for resources that abundantly fill a child’s musical needs. This book covers children from before they are born all the way through high school.
How do I know if I'm ready for music lessons?
Why not you and why not now? Find out here how music lessons can improve your quality of life as we become more “seasoned”.
How do payments work?
Kenya’s Keys, LLC offers three payment schedules: Monthly, Half Term, and Full Term.
- For those of you who would like to pay and forget about it, you are welcome to make a FULL TERM PAYMENT at the time of registration. (There is a 10% discount applied for tuitions paid in full at the beginning of the term.)
- The two HALF TERM PAYMENTS are due at registration and by Jan. 4 of the current term. (There is a 5% discount applied for tuitions paid in half term payments.)
- MONTHLY PAYMENTS are processed on the 1st of the month for the upcoming month. For example, payment of September tuition is processed on September 1st.
Monthly payments are very easy to set up:
- Complete your online Registration
- Check your email for your password to the Student Portal.
- Update your billing preference once you login.
- Enter your card information and select “Auto Pay”.
Watch this short video walk you through this easy process.
What if I don't like Classical music?
That’s not a problem at all. We work on the music that YOU want to do. Country, Blues, Rock, Folk, Funk, R&B, Gospel, and anything else you wish to explore are all within our realm of capabilities. Your style, your way!
Besides Registration Fees, what other types of fees can we expect?
• Festival Fees (as applicable)
• Accompanist Fees (as applicable)
• Books/Supplies (as needed and required by your instructor)
• Instrument (purchase or rental)by
Why a Registration Fee?
Advantages to a yearly Registration Fee include:
• Maintaining accreditations and memberships
• No year-long contracts for current or new students
• Allows us to provide free admission to Academy performances
• Provide some guest artist/professional faculty master classes
• No student fundraising (selling calendars, snacks, candies, coupons, etc.)
What is your Attendance Policy?
- Students receive 16 weeks of lessons PLUS performances each semester.
- 1 private lesson make-up is built into the schedule each semester.
- Only one make-up will be scheduled per absence (no make-ups for make-ups).
- Make-ups are not scheduled at various times during the week (you would come at normal lesson time during the make-up week).
- Please give at least 24 hours notice if you will be missing a lesson.
- As part of encouraging our teachers to continually grow and improve themselves and their craft, there will be weeks where our staff is at conferences, competitions or performances. Make-up opportunities will ALWAYS be provided for lessons missed by our teachers.
- Due to scheduling multiple students, there are no make-ups for missed group lessons.
We will happily accommodate students with extenuating circumstances as we are able.
Our entire Policy can be found here.
Why a 90-day commitment?
No, you don’t have to sign a contract, however, we do request you commit to music lessons with us for a minimum of 90 days. Why 90 days you ask? This is a request and not a contract. Building a relationship takes time and it’s a lot of work. Music is no exception. Did you know that it takes 10,000 hours to master a new skill? No doubt, taking music lessons is a discipline and a commitment. We hope you’ll agree with us that it is well worth the effort! It also takes time for your instructor to get to know you, and for you to get to know them. We believe 90 days is a fair expectation of time for a student to give a studio, instructor, and their studies a full opportunity.