Tech It Out

Tech It Out is my way of sharing smart digital tools you can use, even if you’re not tech-savvy, so that you can teach with tech in the key of easy.

This month’s tech tips and tools are designed to help you reclaim your time and prepare for success. So whether you teach in person, online, or in a hybrid set up, you’ll find these resources to be quite helpful as you begin the new year and beyond.

Did You Know?

Did you know there’s a Harvard Business Study (or maybe there isn’t) that shows that the 3% of graduates from their MBA program who had their goals written down, ended up earning ten times as much as the other 97% put together, just ten years after graduation.

So, if writing out your goals is good enough for Harvard, why not model the same behavior in your day to day operations?

“Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day; while failure is simply a few errors in judgement, repeated every day. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgements that leads us to either fortune or failure.” -Jim Rohn

So I now ask you, what are you setting yourself up for in in 2021? Personally, I’m choosing fortune!

What follows are free and paid tech tools to help you plan your best year ever. Keep up with your leads and parent contacts, plan your recitals with ease, and get those lessons together in no time flat. Put your progress and goals in writing- TODAY.

Superstar Shout Outs

Dorla Aparicio of Dorla’s Piano Studio is doing the doggone thang. She’s planned for fortune by knocking out an outline for her group piano lessons over the next 16, yes, SIXTEEN weeks.

You can learn more about her unique Piano Pyramid and how Dorla fashions her group piano instruction in the Facebook group, Let’s Talk Group Piano.

Final Notes

In the next Tech It Out I’ll have something for my fellow “professional procrastinators” that let’s the students do all the “heavy lifting”…

In the comments, let me know what metrics you’ll be following in 2021. I find myself most often looking at Retention and Revenue/Expenses.

About Me

Takenya Battle is a master musician, teacher and entrepreneur who helps children and adults alike arrange, articulate and amplify their inner musician with online voice and piano lessons.

The founder of Kenya’s Keys Voice & Piano Studio, Kenya specializes in the key of easy. She teaches music educators how to keep time with today’s technologies while still leveraging their traditional musical knowledge.